18 November 2010

Real News

Ted Koppel wrote a piece about Bill O'Reilley and Keith Olbermann being the death of "real news".

O'Reilly and Olbermann are both squealing like little girls so he must have struck a nerve. I think Ted Koppel is right. There is no such thing as news any more. You can watch MSNBC and then switch over to Fox and figure reality is somewhere in the middle. It's a shame that you can't watch a "news" program without thinking about what their agenda might be.

I used to watch Nightline most of the time. When Koppel left, I remember feeling bad about it. Like, "Where am I going to get the news now?" It felt good to have Ted Koppel talking to me about what was going on in the world. You can't say that about anyone on tv now. Except Jim Lehrer.

Keith Olbermann is an idiot and so is Bill O'Reilly. They deserve to be locked in a soundproof room with one another.

No comments: