05 May 2010

Ex Cineribus Nascitur, Baby!

Hey! It has been a little while, but I intend to start blogging again and bring some life back to THE WHIG.

So what happened?

As I mentioned back in February, I was laid off, like so many others. It really took me by surprise, and came off a period in which I had been working like a dog. Apparently, to little effect.

At first, I thought, "Great! I have time to blog!" But I soon realized that spending half my time blogging instead of focusing on finding work, was not a very good idea. So I had to go Cold Turkey. I not only stopped blogging, but I quit reading blogs, or even keeping up with the news. Only a few of the biggest stories seeped into my brain. I stopped even keeping up with the Modern Whigs. No papers, no cable news, no talk radio, nothing.

Did I need to do this? Drastic, but necessary, I think. I really had to focus, and concentrate.

Fortunately, I quickly found another job, and only missed about six weeks of work. I have been very fortunate. My new job has even turned out to be better than my old one. How I managed that, I don't know.

I then decided to concentrate exclusively on my new job for a least a month. And so I have.

But over the last few weeks, I have found myself getting interested in public affairs again. Old habits are hard to break, and what I have always found interesting, I found interesting again. Or maybe that I've got a couple of paychecks under my belt, and things are looking up, maybe I am just in a better frame of mind.

I know several people who are having a much harder time finding re-employment. I cannot imagine. That was my great fear, month after month without work. If you are jobless, I wish you the best of luck.

2 comments:

d.eris said...

hey Septimus, welcome back! And congrats on the new job.

Septimus said...

Thanks, man.