10 March 2010

Libertarian Party Shrinking

I came across this information via IPR. It is a quote from a Libertarian who is running for their national chair, and it addresses the condition of the Libertarian Party:

Since the year 2000, we’ve lost more than half our membership. Party income has fallen by nearly 3/4 in real dollars.

We cannot survive if we continue along this path.

How many state affiliates do we actually have? Certainly not 51. If you don’t believe me, go to the LP.org website, go through the web pages of our state parties, and ask yourself when each was last updated.

If we continue along this course, in a very few years our national party will cease to exist.

I don't keep up with the Libertarian Party that much, but I am surprised. I would have thought that their party would have been benefiting from disgust with the Democrats and Republicans, but it seems they are failing as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left the LP last year after 36 dues paying years. The Republicans have ruined it just like they did the Reform Party.

Septimus said...

Really? I posted this here because it was news to me. I would have thought they would have been expanding.